Meet Dr. Dina
Hey there, I’m Dr. Dina.
People come to me because they’re suffering.
They’re scared, worried, restless, in pain.
They feel trapped by the past, and afraid of the future.
They don’t know how to change, how to get free of all that emotional “baggage.”
They feel stuck, afraid there’s no way out.
There is a way out.
I help people get free of the past, ease their fears about the future, and live well NOW.
You can be HAPPY, HEALTHY, CALM, CONFIDENT, RESILIENT, AND IN CONTROL.
Let me tell you a little about myself.
- I received my Master’s Degree and PhD in Clinical Psychology, at Long Island University in New York.
- I’m a clinical and medical psychologist, licensed in both New York State and Israel
- I pioneered bringing the world-renowned Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course to Israel in 2002, when I founded MBSR-ISRAEL, The Israeli Center for Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction.)
- I’m a Certified MBSR Teacher, certified by the Center for Mindfulness, Massachusetts, USA, where the approach was originally developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn.
- I train people in mindfulness-based approaches in Israel and internationally.
- I have more than 40 years of professional experience, in the following areas:
Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)
Integrating mindfulness into psychotherapy
Mind-body approaches such as:
Emotion Freedom Technique (EFT)
Tapas Acupressure Technique (TAT)
Thought Field Therapy (TFT)
Somatic Experiencing (SE)
Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- One of my favorite projects is MINDFUL TOURS. These are annual sightseeing trips that I co-lead with my good friend and colleague Rachelle Oseran. These trips combine sightseeing in some of the world’s most amazing places — touring of incredible places in India and Southern Africa with mindfulness training and practice. Have unforgettable experiences and learn a skill that can enrich the rest of your life. Check out our Mindful Tours FB page for inspiration and information.
- I’m also a certified yoga teacher.
|Hiding Places: A Mother, A Daughter, An Uncovered Life (SUNY Press, 2012).
How well do you know your parent – not just as your mother or father, but as his/her own person, someone who lived a whole life before you ever appeared? What events shaped him or her? What is it like to explore those experiences with your parent? Join me on my journey of exploration with my mother. Maybe it will even inspire you to do something similar with your parent. To learn more about this experience and the book that came out of it, head over to the book’s official website.
|I edited my father’s powerful memoir – A Brush with Death: An Artist in the Death Camps, by Morris Wyszogrod (SUNY Press, 1999).|
My chapter on “Teaching MBSR in ISRAEL” appears in the professional textbook “Resources for Teaching Mindfulness: A Cross-Cultural and International Handbook”, edited by Diane Reibel and Don McCown (Springer, 2017).