About Dr. Dina
Dr. Dina Wyshogrod is a licensed clinical psychologist and Certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher and Trainer. She was born and raised in New York City and moved to Israel with her family in 1991.
Dr. Dina Wyshogrod pioneered bringing Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) to Israel in 2002. She is the senior MBSR Teacher of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in the country, and the only one so certified by the Center for Mindfulness, Massachusetts, where MBSR was developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn and his colleagues. She teaches and offers training in mindfulness-based approaches in Israel as well as internationally.
One of Dr. Dina’s favorite projects is Mindful India, annual sightseeing trips to India combining touring with mindfulness training and practice, co-led with her colleague, Rachelle Oseran.
Since 2013, Dr. Wyshogrod has been offering a comprehensive Teacher Training Program in MBSR to qualified professionals.
Dr. Dina’s Professional Credentials:
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Long Island University, New York
- Clinical and medical psychologist, licensed in both New York State and Israel
- 40 years of training and clinical experience in a variety of therapeutic approaches
- Traditional talk therapy: Explore your life and past experiences to uncover the influences that have shaped you, learn from them and move forward.
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT): Discover how your thoughts and beliefs contribute to stress, and how you can adjust those to feel and function better
- Mindfulness-based interventions, i.e. Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT).
- Certification in cutting-edge mind-body techniques to relieve physical pain, fears and stress, release negative beliefs and traumatic memories (Emotion Freedom Technique (EFT), Tapas Acupressure Technique (TAT), Thought Field Therapy (TFT), Somatic Experiencing (SE) and EMDR (Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing).
- Certified yoga teacher
Dr. Dina is the published author of Hiding Places: A Mother, A Daughter, An Uncovered Life (SUNY Press, 2012). The book is a memoir of her mother’s life and its intersection with her own. To learn more about the book, head over to the book’s official website.
Dr. Dina is also the editor of her father’s memoir – A Brush with Death: An Artist in the Death Camps, by Morris Wyszogrod (SUNY Press, 1999).
Dr. Dina’s chapter “Teaching MBSR in ISRAEL” appears in “Resources for Teaching Mindfulness: A Cross-Cultural and International Handbook” edited by Diane Reibel and Don McCown (Springer, 2017).